Loading...

Saturday, 9 December 2017

NWF to invite 200 for camping | African Championships



The President of the Nigeria Wrestling Federation (NWF), Dr Daniel Igali has expressed satisfaction with the performances of the wrestlers at the Governor Nyesom Wike Wrestling championship which ended last weekend in Port Harcourt and as well, commended the Rivers state governor for his enormous support to the federation.
Appraising the wrestlers’ performances, Dr Igali said, ” I am satisfied with their performances, the  competition was keen. In my view the Gov Nyesom Wike National Wrestling Championship went extremely well. 
The number of wrestlers that participated was very commendable having about 700 wrestlers was almost double the number of athletes we normally have in every other championship being that other championships were not full cadet and junior.
” Overall, everybody gave a good account of themselves. And almost all the national athletes moved up except a few ones that their weight classes are stagnant and constant. Blessing Oborodudu moved from 63kg to 68kg, Aminat Adeniyi moved from 58kg to 62kg, Odunayo Adekuoroye from 55 kg to 57kg

I was very impressed with officiating officials as well. I really have to use this opportunity to thank the Governor of Rivers State, Chief Nyesom Wike for his enormous support to the Nigeria Wrestling Federation”.
Dr Igali said the federation hopes to invite about 200 wrestlers to camp (which includes a full squad from the Cadet, Junior, Female wrestling, Greco Roman and Senior) after they have rested for a week.
WBC heavyweight world champion Deontay Wilder is ready to consider other opponents after talks for his unification blockbuster with Anthony Joshua broke down.
Wilder and Joshua had been on a collision course for next year but Joshua’s promoter, Eddie Hearn, refused to split the purse evenly which led to the American withdrawing from negotiations.
Now, the heavy-hitting 32-year-old has turned his attentions back to Luis Ortiz and Alexander Povetkin – two opponents he had been scheduled to fight, before they both failed drug tests – who are both on the comeback trail after being cleared by the relevant sanctioning bodies.
World recognition and credible opponents have both been elusive in the WBC champ’s nine-year career.
And though fights with Ortiz and Povetkin may not prove to give him either, Wilder is still looking forward to 2018 and proving his talk is the most authentic in a division full of braggart heavyweights.
‘We have a lot of fighters. We have a lot of guys coming back. You got Luis Ortiz and Alexander Povetkin,’ Wilder told ESPN.
‘I would love to get the opportunity back with some of them guys, the fights that people really want to see and due to their lack of responsibility, as far as being wise for the drugs they choose to put in their bodies that the fight didn’t happen.
‘Hey, they back now, why not? I would love to get back in the ring and mix it up with those guys. I can’t wait for 2018. The heavyweight division is too exciting.’

No comments:

Post a Comment

DISCLAIMER: Comments made here does not reflect in anyway the opinion of Sephora News or its staff.
Send Your Story Here:
Info@sephoranews.com
Call/Whatsapp: +393272563329